20100622

Tour Update Numero One

Not Here For a Long Time; Here For a Good Time
Vol. I
oh, hi.

I drank too much caffeine and the internet connection at the cafe is not very good so I can't maintain an SSH connection so I can't do any actual work because somehow people think it's ok to load four youtube videos at once on a public wifi connection and someone needs to tell these fools what's what and now I have nothing to do so I guess I'll write a blog post and i guess this is it and wow, what a long sentence.

ok.

we're in OK, just south of Toby Keith's home. we ate at Taco Cabana yesterday and had $1.50 margaritas (after spending five minutes waiting for the cashier to convince himself of the validity of our chintzy looking temporary IDs (thanks, Iowa, for instituting a ridiculous 30 day waiting period on IDs. that'll stop the terror)). it was mucho goodo.

shows have been great. last weekend we formed a supergroup of sorts and played a wedding reception. the western front + the wandering bears + the vagabonds = ROCKnROLL.


The show was at Liberty Hall in Lawrence, KS. After playing, we stormed the dance floor and made James Brown proud.


We were in Missouri before that, and were lucky/thankful to play the Lemp Neighborhood Arts Center and see our good friend Mark Sarich. Everyone there was busy with the Lemp's latest endeavor, Orchestrating Diversity. This summer, around 20 St. Louis highschool students are spending 8:30-3:00 five days a week at the Lemp, participating in an orchestral music program. We were fortunate to sit in on a morning session; it was inspiring to see the work being done.


We had grand plans to leave early yesterday and get some work done during the afternoon, but that fell apart when our trailer tire blew out. The repair involved two trips back into town, a rotten log used as a makeshift ramp, and an amplifier case used as a jackstand to support the trailer in the absence of the van's hitch. Everyone got sunburnt. We were thankful for the timing and location of the failure, which could have been much, much worse.


Current CD favorites in the van:

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Dr. Dog - Easy Beat
Vampire Weekend - Contra
Fleetwood Mac - umm, everything.


laters, players.

1 comment:

HUMAN ICON said...

Hey guys,
We met in bozeman the other day. I check the albums that I bought. They sound great! I was surprise at how much more electronic they sound compared to the acoustic stuff I heard on the street. Quite the range you guys have.

Anyway, we had talked briefly about some video stuff and I'd like to send you some work, watch. However, it's best for me if I can send you a link to a private e-mail. If your interested here is my address: elliotlindsey@gmail.com.

Hope you tour pans out nicely and I'll be looking forward to your next show in the area.